Since 2017 – Professor at the Department of Botany, Wood Science and Non-Wood Forest Products of UNFU.
In 2019 received the Cambridge Certificate of English B2 (First Certificate English) in accordance with the Pan-European Recommendation on Language Education.
2014 – Doctor of Agricultural Science (Habilitation) – Forest Science and Forestry.
Thesis: “Intraspecific differentiation of sycamore (Acer pseudoplatanus L.), European beech (Fagus sylvatica L.) and Common ash (Fraxinus excelsior L.) by decorative wood”.
2001 – Candidate of Agricultural Science (PhD) – Forest Science and Forestry.
Thesis: “The Influence of biotopes of the southwestern megaslope of Ukrainian Carpathian on beech wood properties (Fagus sylvatica L.)”.
1999 – Diploma of Economic Engineer, UNFU.
Thesis: “Economic effectiveness of non-wood forest products in State Enterprise “Osmoloda””.
1996 – Diploma of Forestry Engineer, UNFU.
Thesis: “Wood quality of European beech growing in biotopes of Ukrainian Pre-Carpathians”.
1989 – Forestry Technician, College in Storozhynetsk.
- research on anatomical, physical and mechanical properties of wood;
- study of the influence of silvicultural and ecological factors on wood properties;
- diagnose and cultivation of forest trees with desired wood properties;
- diagnose of resonance and decorative wood;
- dendrochronological research;
- wood grading and wood qualimetry.
- Wood Science.
- Wood Science and Forest Products.
- Forest Certification.
- Wood Qualimetry.
- Vintoniv, I., Sopushynskyy, I., & Teischinger, A. (2007): Wood Science. – Lviv: Apriori Publisher.
- Vintoniv, I., Sopushynskyy, I., &Teischinger, A. (2005): Wood Science. – Lviv: UNFU Publisher.
- Sopushynskyy, I. M., & Zayachuk, V. Ya. (2017). Forest certification: workbook. Lviv: UNFU.
- Sopushynskyy, I. M., & Zayachuk, V. Ya. (2017). Forest certification: workbook for self-study. Lviv: UNFU.
- Sopushynskyy I., Vintoniv I. (2014): Workbook of wood science. – Lviv: Liga-Press.
- Sopushynskyy, I. M., & Kopolovets, Ya. M. (2019). Quality assessment of Silver fir timber in the Ukrainian Carpathians. Scientific Bulletin of UNFU, 29(7), 142–145. https://doi.org/10.15421/40290728
- Sopushynskyy, I., Kopolovets, Ya. M., Tymochko, I. & Мaksymchuk, R. (2019). Influence of structural changes of xylem of Silver fir on wood specific gravity. Univ. Agrară de Stat din Moldova, 1, 94-99.
- Hasiy, O. B., Sopushynskyy, I. M., & Bilous, O. V. (2018). Effect of trunk zonality on tribotechnical characteristics of friction pair “wood – steel with ion-plasma coating”. Scientific Bulletin of UNFU, 28(11), 96–100. https://doi.org/10.15421/40281118
- Sopushynskyy, I., Мaksymchuk, R. & Kopolovets, Ya. M. (2018). Structural change of stem wood of Silver fir in the Ukrainian Carpathians. Agrară de Stat din Moldova, 47, 470-475.
- Maksymchuk, R. T., Sopushynskyy, I. M., Kopolovets, Y. M., & Zayachuk, V. Y. (2018). Intraspecific differentiation of Abies alba Mill by wood structure. Scientific Bulletin of UNFU, 28 (7), 44–48. https://doi.org/10.15421/40280709
- Sopushynskyy, I., Maksymchuk, R., Tymochko, I., & Bardarov, N. (2018). Some features of timber quality of Betula pendula growing in Carpathian agroforestry. Innovation in woodworking industry and engineering design, 1 (13), 52–56.
- Sopushynskyy, I. M., Militz, H., Maksymchuk, R. T., Biziks, V. (2018). Dynamic Modulus of Elasticity of Wave-Grained Wood of Abies alba Scientific Bulletin of UNFU, 28(3), 52–56. https://doi.org/10.15421/40280311
- Mysyk M., Matsyshyn Ya., Mayevskyy V., Ray Ch., Kurka R., Sopushynskyy I. (2017). Identification of the length distribution of lumber defect free-areas. Wood and Fiber Science, 49 (4): 1-11.
- Sopushynskyy I., Kharyton I., Teischinger A., Mayevskyy V., Hrynyk H. 2017). Wood density and annual growth variability of Picea abies (L.) Karst. growing in the Ukrainian Carpathians, J. Wood Prod., 75 (3): 419-428. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00107-016-1079-1
- Maksymchuk, R. T., & Sopushynskyy, I. M. (2017). Macroscopic features of the wave-grained wood of Silver fir. Scientific Bulletin of UNFU, 27(6), 33–37. https://doi.org/10.15421/40270606
- Maksymchuk, R. T., Sopushynskyy, I. M., & Tymochko, I. Ya. (2017). Some features of formation of annual ring and straight – and wave-grained basic density wood of Abies alba Mill. Scientific Bulletin of UNFU, 27(9), 30–33. https://doi.org/10.15421/40270906