Institute of Forestry and Park Gardening is one of eight academic structural units of Ukrainian National Forestry University (UNFU). Its purpose is to manage educational activities, which include educational, scientific, methodical and cultural spheres.
Directions of activity:
- teaching and graduation of BSc/MSc students;
- scientific researches;
- scientific, methodical, organizational, educational, cultural, informational and publishing activities;
- vocational guidance;
- cooperation with foreign partners and international organisations.
- a) educational activity:
- to provide conditions for learning;
- to guide students for their proffesional and possible entrepreneurial activities;
- to monitor demands of the labor market and help graduates with employment.
- to ensure the cultural development of personality;
- to form socially active personality;
- to create amiable atmosphere between teachers, students and university employees.
- b) scientific activity:
- to conduct scientific researches;
- to define methods, forms and ways of study process;
- to organise publishing of educational literature;
- to organise interdepartmental scientific conferences.
Faculty of Forestry (now – Institute of Forestry and Park Gardening) was founded in 1949 as a part of Lviv Forest Technology Institute. Nowadays it continues historical traditions and graduates forestry specialists for all regions of Ukraine. Material and technical base of the Institute helps to provide students with all needed knowledge for obtaining the academic degrees. There are 8 research laboratories, great possibilities to visit close to production facilities during the practical studies etc. Educational process at the Institute is ensured by experienced teaching staff. Among them there are more than 15 proffesors and 60 docents.